Monday, February 14, 2011

Triad

I have been working at Triad for over a month now. It is about time that I tell you what I have been up to here.

I am an intern which means I do tons of research. I am researching almost the whole day. For example, Triad worked on the Shanghai World Expo - and recently I have been researching how that turned out. The amount of visitors, thoughts on it, changes that were brought on because of it... a whole array of ideas stemming from one project. I also research often on China and the Middle East. There is much going on in those regions, therefore there are many projects that Triad is working on in those areas.

Another HUGE responsibility of mine is proofreading. I find myself spending hours on end reading different reports from a variety of people in Triad to check for spelling mistakes, grammar errors and overall fluidity in their writing. I have come to this conclusion: there is German English and then there is English English. The way Germans write is very different than how English is written. German is a completely different language, verbs and nouns go in different orders. My most important job is to take German English texts and to translate them into English English texts. This is not the most exciting job but it certainly allows me to understand most of what is going on at Triad. I get to read a brief sample from many of the ongoing projects.

I go out for lunch daily with my coworkers. I have a variety of people I go out with - which is nice. Variety is the spice of life. I am super happy and appreciative for the opportunity to work with a German company. I am happy to have a job at all.

:)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds very interesting. You do know that your Uncle Grant was a proof reader. And he did technical manuals for the association of accountants - very boring mechanical stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marisa, are you gonna check your triad-account?
    juliane asked me for your e-mail today and
    I noticed I don't have it...

    ReplyDelete