Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Traveling and Good Music

Nateva was incredible. The music was great. Great atmosphere. Great people.

This past weekend I was at All Good - in West Virginia. Some bands that played there include: The New Deal, Dark Star Orchestra, Donna Jean Godchaux w. Jeff Mattson, Lotus, Bassnectar, Furthur, Cornmeal, Umphrey's McGee, Yonder Mountain String Band, Widespread Panic, Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi, Perpetual Groove, George Clinton and PFunk, Keller Williams, and many other bands. All Good was amazing. I LOVED Dark Star, Lotus, FURTHUR, Cornmeal, Umphrey's, Yonder, Derek and Susan, Perpetual Groove, and Keller. Cornmeal is a band I first saw in Syracuse, NY at the Westcott Theatre. They have long jams in their live show that really showcase their talent.

I have a new found love for Grateful Dead and their respective cover bands. Honestly, there are no words to describe how amazing the Dead music is. I feel alive listening to it. The music soaks me up and I lose touch with reality. Then the song ends and I realize I am sitting at a concert venue - it is incredible.

On Wednesday, I will be going Europe - my itinerary is: Munich, Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Rome, Tuscany, and then back to Munich. I will try to do updates about the interesting places I visit.

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a cool lineup of jam bands, I'm jealous! Don't know all of them but love Lotus, Umphrey's and, most of all, Cornmeal. We both saw them at the Westcott in Syracuse, remember?! Gonna have to check out Derek&Susan who I see are married... and Bassnectar (funky name).
    So Europe, huh? Hope you have a blast with whomever you're doing the trip with!

    ReplyDelete