Thursday, July 15, 2010

Munich, Germany!

I am currently in Munich! I got in at 10:10 AM (4:10 AM EST). The flight was good, I met tons of German citizens as well as a Macedonian and a couple American travelers. The plane flight was good other than a touch of turbulence over the ocean. When I got into Munich, M picked me up and took me to his apartment. It is so nice! Everything is so open and the windows seem to be forever open to the world, it is great. The apartment overlooks much of Munich - which is an incredible city.

M took me walking around the city before we went to a Jeff Beck and Joe Bomamassa concert - both of whom are incredible artists. M took me walking through English Garden. The English Garden is filled with unkept shrubbery because the man who created the park based it off of parks in England - which are unkept and more wild. It is very beautiful. There was greenery everywhere as well as nice streams and animals around.

The concert was at the TollWood Festival which is a music festival in the Olympic Park in Munich every summer. There are concerts there throughout the summer as well as random other acts, such as acrobatics. We got to the Bomamassa section late - but what we did hear was great. He played a Led Zeppelin cover - I think Dazed and Confused. Then Jeff came on and was going from cover to cover - for example A day in the Life by the Beatles and a song from The Wizard of Oz. Jeff Beck is a magnificent musician. The music he plays does not use singing all the time because the music it self sings the lyrics to the crowd. Jeff's bass player is a female - who is real good. She can slap the bass (my favorite!).

After the show, we took the Uban which is the subway. The different subway stations are decorated differently. Overall, Munich is a really cool city and I cannot wait to continue exploring it - and updating Riss on Life!

2 comments:

  1. It's great to have you here.
    We'll have a blast for sure.
    The concert was excellent and full of majestic sounds.
    The first day started great and it keeps getting better !
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. But at least I can now live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete