Friday, January 14, 2011

Food: Chicken

I always tell people this blog is related to food but I never write food related posts. Here is my first of many.

My next door neighbor recently sent me a great chicken recipe. For me, chicken is used almost 4 nights a week if not more so it is WONDERFUL when I find a new recipe to try. I make homemade chicken nuggets often and recently began making a mean Sweet and Sour sauce to accompany it. The sauce is some ketchup, clear vinegar, and jelly (I use a pineapple jelly with pieces of pineapple chunks). I eyeball the amounts as should you. It is up to your taste buds to decide what flavors you want stronger or weaker. The sauce is incredible. Try it and enjoy it.

(I hope A doesn't mind me posting the recipe)

CHICKEN AND RICE WITH A KICK:
l lb skinless chicken breast cubed
l package frozen sweet coen
l package frozen bay peas
1 cup chicken broth
l cup salsa (I use a little more)
1-1/2 cups minute rice (I use a little more)


l. Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat

2. Add chicken and stir until chicken is cooked through and a little brown

3. Add thawed out peas and corn (I wipe them off with a paper towel to get rid of moisture) chicken broth and salsa

4. Bring to a boil

5. Stir in rice and cover and put over low to medium heat approximately 5 minutes. Stir

6. Remove and let stand covered. If there is too much liquid left put over low heat for a few minutes intil it's almost gone and let stand.

7. Make sure rice is cooked.

8. Serve with a salad. It's a great, tasty healthy meal

You can make it and reheat in microwave with a little water, covered, if too dry but we usually eat it as soon as I make it. (I use the apricot salsa from Costco).

2 comments:

  1. sounds like even I could make it - and A would be thrilled that you're blogging her recipe.

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I did make it - easy and tasted great (I didn't eat the chicken - just ate everything else)

    ReplyDelete