Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rome to Tuscany

My first day in Tuscany was spent relaxing at M's uncles house in the country. It is beautiful. Surrounding the house is acres upon acres of land - and no neighbors remotely close. I truly enjoy spending time here. But before I continue about Tuscany, I must inform you about my last day in Rome. I went inside St. Peters Church - how intricate and beautiful! There were many religious people around, for obvious reasons, but my main objective was to marvel at its beauty - it was not too hard to accomplish! Everything has such detail - the walls, sculptures, ceiling, floor.. It was extremely grandeur. M and I visited the tombs of the Popes - I enjoyed reading the brief description of each. Some Pope's were in "office" for less than a month. There are also some women buried down there. I also liked the Swiss guards - the Vatican army - due to their interesting way of dressing. It was a great experience to visit somewhere with such history and power!!

Anyways, Tuscany.. Today was a day to acclimate ourselves (plus the fact it rained so there was not much to do but relax) and tomorrow will begin the exploration. Thank you J and A for allowing me to stay at your house! And thank you for giving me 2 dogs to play with - I have missed my own dog very greatly.

Side note - I watched Pride and Prejudice - and let's just say that will be the next book I read (I cannot believe I did not read it before - what a beautiful love story!).

Enjoy your day, my fellow readers. I will enjoy the beauty that surrounds me, and I hope you will as well.

1 comment: