Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Birthday! in Rome!

Today was my birthday. I spent it: picnic in the Borghese park, tandem bike then rikshaw through the park, and finished it off with a nice dinner. The dinner was so wonderful that it is the main focus of this post. M took me to my birthday dinner in the Jewish Quarter at La Regola on Piazza Di San Paolo Alla Regola. The meal went as followed:

Raw ham with blueberries and parmesan shavings (flavors went well together)

Flat bread with cooked onions and salt with Prosecco

Meatballs genovese style - Veal meatballs in saffron sauce - touch of basil sauce on side (interesting because texture and sauce was unique - texture was smooth and soft - fell apart nicely)

Ottaviano Lambrusch - Vermentino 2009 - white wine -14 percent so very dry - aroma is very fresh

Fire Spaghetti - cherry tomatoes, capers, parmesan cheese, olives, small pepper flakes, ricotta cheese

Lamb beef (chianina IGP) - smoked salt, salt, bbq sauce, risotto on side - medium rare (completely pink in middle - was more rare than medium) - tender lamb (the meat was extremely soft)

Asparagus with butter and parm cheese - little heavy on the butter sauce

Goat cheese tasting - side of honey and bread

The meal was incredible. All the flavors blended so nicely together. I am so thankful for all the birthday celebrations of the day - this meal certainly capped off a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great meal, I'm jealous! I hope you had a great birthday, it sounds like you did. I miss you

    ReplyDelete