Wednesday, April 21, 2010

U.S. of Tara

I love United States of Tara! What a great show. The basic premise is of Tara Gregson who has dissociative identity disorder, and is a mother of 2 children and a wife. The woman has multiple personalities including T (a 16 year old slut), Alice (an old-school housewife), Buck (a Vietnam vet; male), and 2 new personalities have recently arose: Gimme (pre-social being) and Shoshana (therapist to Tara). Shoshana is a new character and has inspired (or added to my old love of) 1970's style dresses. The clothing Shoshana wears are flowy dresses with a cute brown, leather belt and brown boots. I love the style of the 1970's. The dresses I love are not too tight yet still show off your figure (due to belting or some other feature). Shoshana's outfits are absolutely adorable and has encouraged my most recent shopping spree. I got a couple loose fitting dresses that have a cute pattern and are very old-school styled. Obviously when I get the package in the mail, I will take a picture of the dresses.

Anyways the show is very educational on top of being entertaining. Everyone has multiple parts of their personality and although Tara's case is most extreme, I see this being part of all human beings. Depending on who is around, a person will exhibit different tendencies and personality traits. Therefore, next time you start to judge someone for acting differently in front of you compared to in front of other people, take a step back and try to think about why your friend is doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment