Sunday, April 11, 2010

Being Productive with Free Time

My roommate and I consider ourselves 'The Street Monitors' because we constantly sit outside our apartment. We watch people walk about their daily lives and yell them words of encouragement and knowledge. Yesterday as we were sitting on the roof, we decided to turn our monitoring sessions into a few short stories. With L.'s approval, I will be posting the stories within the day.

It was very nice to be productive while relaxing with a friend. All too often I find myself having fun with friends by partaking in non-wholesome behaviors. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy to drink and get wild with friends but I also like to have an intellectual conversation and to chill in a way that my mind is bolstered, not depleted.

A wholesome activity that I suggest everyone, at some point in their lives, partake in is ballroom dancing. It was super exciting and was a great exercising class. I had tons of fun learning inter-generational and multi-cultural dances. It was something I could share with anyone.

I enjoy to be productive with my free time. I can color, do word puzzles, read, or write, as long as my mind is working, I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. NON wholesome behaviors...ONLY the best kind of behaviors!!

    ReplyDelete